Solvang, CA | USA – The Heritage Arabian Racing Club (HARC) is entering its second year of HARC races in the United States, and dates are in the process of being finalized.
Four HARC races are in the works for the states of California, Michigan, Texas and Delaware. Each race will offer a HARC added-mony bonus of $7,000 – up from $4,000 in 2016. The increase is due to 2016 funds unused in the states of Delaware and Michigan which have been rolled over into 2017, offering a lucrative 57% increase for both owners and breeders of HARC-nominated horses.
Here is the tentative HARC USA schedule for 2017:
- California will kick off the HARC series on August 13th at Santa Rosa.
- Michigan TBD (likely end of August; official announcement will be made by July 15th)
- Delaware TBD (September or October; official announcement will be made by July 15th)
- Texas will wrap it up with a race in November at Retama Park (final date will be announced in October).
The $7,000 HARC added-mony bonus will be paid per race out to the top three HARC-nominated finishers, regardless of the final placement in race among non-HARC horses, as follows:
- $1,750 to breeder AND owner of the first place HARC-nominated horse (up from $1,000 in 2016)
- $1,050 to breeder AND owner of the second place HARC-nominated horse (up from $600 in 2016)
- $700 to breeder AND owner of the third place HARC-nominated horse (up from $400 in 2016)
In addition to a winner’s blanket, the first place HARC horse in each race will also receive a HARC plaque – new this year.
HARC horses must be nominated and officially accepted into the HARC database in order to be eligible for the HARC bonuses. Nomination forms and additional information can be found at www.ArabianRacing.org/HARC.
#### The Heritage Arabian Racing Club is committed to promoting the preservation and racing of Heritage Arabian horses of traditional type and bloodlines, and to ensure the long-term future of Arab horse characteristics in the broadest terms, with the hallmark of beauty, athletic ability, soundness and versatility.