Just a day before the prestigious Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe weekend and the Qatar Arabian World Cup, one of the richest Arab races in the world, the Purebred Arabian Sale organised by ARQANA in conjunction with AFAC, will take place on Thursday, September 29 at Saint Cloud at 2pm.
The catalogue is made up of 93 hand-picked lots, with a total of 126 horses catalogued, of which 54 are two-year-old colts and fillies, 13 broodmares and breeding prospects, 26 horses in training, 6 yearlings, 2 foals, 2 stallion prospects, and finally 23 lots dedicated to endurance horses.
Several colts and fillies from the best families in the stud book make up the catalogue. Established sires such as Akbar, Dahess, Madjani, Mahabb, Majd Al Arab, Munjiz and Njewman are all represented, as well as the younger stallions Monsieur Al Maury, No Risk Al Maury and Akim de Ducor.
Haras de Mandore will be represented by seven well-bred two-year-olds:
- Lot 7, a half-sister by Munjiz to SAHABBA, a Gr.3 PA winner.
- Lot 15, a half-sister by Mahabb to Prix Tidjani (Gr.3 PA) winner AHZAR
- Lot 31, a sister to MANARK, winner of the Dubai Kahayla Classic (Gr.1 PA) and Listed and multiple Group placed MESTOR
- Lot 34, a half-brother by Munjiz to RADAMES, winner of the Za’abeel Int’l Stakes (Gr.1 PA) at Newbury
- Lot 46, a daughter of Nizam and the second foal of a sister to DJELMANE (Al Maktoum Challenge R3 Gr.1 PA).
- Lot 54, a half-brother to General to CHEKER, winner of the Prix Tidjani (Gr.3 PA).
Haras de Thouars have four juveniles catalogued, of which:
- Lot 9, a half-brother by Munjiz to KANDAR DU FALGAS, a four-time Gr.1 PA winner.
- Lot 40, a sister to triple Group 1 winner AL MAMUN MONLAU.
Of the three two-year-olds consigned by Haras du Saubouas:
- Lot 20, a half-sister by Munjiz to triple Gr.1 PA winner NIESHAN
- Lot 25, a son of General and the first foal of the Champion KISS DE GHAZAL.
Other notable lots include:
- Lot 3, consigned by Haras du Moulin, a half-brother by Nizam to DIVAMER, a Gr.3 PA winner.
- Lot 4, offered by Haras des Forges, a son of Asraa Min Albarq out of DJARI DES FORGES, winner of the Critérium des Pouliches (Gr.1 PA).
- Lot 5, from Haras du Moulin, a half-sister by Akim de Ducor to Prix Nefta (Gr.2 PA) winner DJELANA.
- Lot 19, consigned by Haras de l’Abbaye, a half-brother by Mared Al Sahra to dual Gr.3 PA winner TENOR DES VIALETTES.
- Lot 39, offered by EARL du Grand Courgeon, a half-brother by General to SANDEED, winner of a Gr.2 PA and placed at Group 1 level.
- Le lot 49, from the Ecurie Yann Creff, a half-brother by Dahess to DUBAI HEROS, winner of the Coupe de France des Chevaux Arabes (Gr.1 PA).
Breeding stock and yearlings
The section reserved for breeding stock comprises 13 mares, two foals, six yearlings, and two stallion prospects.
Three mares consigned Haras du Grand Courgeon are of particular interest:
- Lot 55 DAMASQUINA, a half-sister by Dahman El Arami to DJELANA (Prix Nefta Gr.2 PA). She is in foal to Al Tair.
- Lot 63 RAHAB, a sister to Gr.1 PA winners AL DAHMA and GENERAL, in foal to Munjiz.
- Lot 64, SEFFA DU BREUIL a sister to multiple Gr.1 PA winner WAYNE ROONEY, in foal to Majd Al Arab.
Of the yearlings:
- Lot 73, offered by Haras de Lassos, a son of No Risk Al Maury from the family of Neida Tourettes and Noasis Tourettes, both placed in Gr.2 PA.
- Lot 75, consigned by Haras du Mazet, a half-brother by Burning Sand to FORGEHILL CEZANNE, winner of the Prix Kesberoy (Gr.1 PA).
Two stallion prospects are catalogued:
- Lot 76 CHADDAD, offered from Haras du Saubouas. Now a six-year-old, this son of Mared Al Sahra won the Qatar Total Arabian Trophy des Poulains (Gr.1 PA).
- Lot 77 HERCEY SEINE, consigned by Philippe Sogorb, a winner at three, this son of Majd Al Arab was also placed at Listed PA level. His dam won a Group 1 and three Group 3 races.
Horses In Training
The horses in training section offers 26 males and females from the best trainers including Elisabeth Bernard, Thomas Fourcy, Charles Gourdain, François Rohaut and Damien de Watrigant.
Elisabeth Bernard offers five horses in training, of which:
- Lot 107 COCKTAIL DE GHAZAL, 3rd in the Prix Razzia III (Gr.3 PA) last year, and has won the Prix de Mandore this season.
- Lot 86, CAID DE L’ARDUS, has won his last three starts.
Philippe Sogorb will be represented by four horses:
– Lot 87 DI MARIA PY, a three-year-old by Njewman that won his debut before finishing fifth twice
– Lot 97 BOUGEDELAH, a three-year-old by Munjiz that finished third on his debut in the Prix Quitaine à Toulouse.
Thomas Fourcy sends lot 95 ATEEJ, that finished third on his debut in the Prix Dunixi at Mont de Marsan.
In total 23 performers ou future endurance performers will close the sale, including lots 122 (offered by the Elevage de Bozouls) and 126 (consigned by IR Endurance) that are CEI 2* level. Notably lot 116, KING DES BOZOULS also from the Elevage des Bozouls, was classed « very good » at the Four-Year-Old Final in Uzes.
Catalogue online at www.arqana.com
For further information: 02 31 81 81 42 ou firstname.lastname@example.org